Saturday, June 2, 2012

Au revoir!

I can’t believe this is it…my final blog from Paris! It has been an absolutely fantastic experience and I am already ready to start planning my next trip! It’s amazing how at home I feel here after just four weeks. I’m comfortable with the metro, I know where I can go to take some great dance classes, and I’m familiar with lots of the shops and restaurants! I feel like I’ve been here forever!
But overall today was a pretty relaxed day. I spent the morning walking the Promenade Plantee, an elevated railway viaduct that has been transformed into a beautiful park. It was nice to just stroll along, enjoy the spring weather, and take in the beauty of the city one final time! I walked through the entire park, which is one of the few linear parks in the world, and then made my way back through some of the art galleries and craft shops. Then I returned to Notre Dame, which is definitely one of my favorite places in Paris, took one final tour. It didn’t go inside, but we traveled to a lot of different areas of the exterior and heard some very interesting stories and legends associated with the famous church.






Finally, it was time for our delicious farewell dinner at Refuge des Fondues! It is a tiny little restaurant in the Montmarte area, and we all had a great time! The only disappointing part was that there was no chocolate involved! But have no fear…Shiloh, Gianna, Paige and I had a remedy for that! After dinner, we went to a fantastic chocolate shop for a little treat, and brought it up to the hill by Sacre Couer, where we sat to watch our final Parisian sunset! It was a beautiful way to end a wonderful trip.
 
Tonight was definitely bittersweet (and Im not just talking about my dark chocolate!) I’m excited to head home to see my family, but I am still sad to leave Paris. I have been so lucky to share so many wonderful experiences with such a great group of people, and I know I will remember this trip for the rest of my life! I hope everyone has enjoyed keeping track of our adventures! Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment