Tuesday, May 8, 2012


Well, it’s been another beautiful day here in France and I’m happy to say that I crossed a few things off of my Paris “To-Do List”:
·         Stopped on the side of the street to smell the flowers
·         Had a sandwich on a baguette from a boulangerie for le dejeuner!
·         Went to Notre Dame
·         Got a delicious crepe on the side of the road
Plus, we had a fantastic three-hour contemporary class with Cedric Andieux. It was a long class, but it went by so quickly! It has been great to get some feedback and corrections from a different teacher; it will give me lots to think about when I take class back home! Later, during our lecture, we got to watch a short clip from Manon, which we will be seeing at the Palais Garnier tomorrow evening! I have never seen the full ballet and am so excited to see it performed live by such a wonderful company! After our lecture, we had the entire afternoon to ourselves, so a few of us took the metro out to Notre Dame. It was absolutely breath-taking. It’s truly amazing how intricate all of the décor is and how meaningful each and every sculpture is. I am definitely planning on doing some further research on some of the history and design. Even though we aren’t necessarily taking as many classes or spending as much time doing homework, I feel like I am learning so much just by being here! Plus, it’s inspiring me to do more research on my own simply because I’m so fascinated by everything I’m seeing and experiencing! Tonight a few of us are planning to get together and start mapping out some of our future excursions, so there should be much more to come in the next few weeks! A bientot! J

No comments:

Post a Comment