Saturday, May 12, 2012


I can’t believe I have been in Paris for a full week! Today was a much more relaxed day…I finally got to sleep in a little bit! Around 11:00, a group of us took the train down to Giverny to visit Monet’s Maison and Gardens. It was honestly one of the most beautiful places I have ever been! The sun was shining, the flowers smelled amazing, and all of the colors were just exquisite! I would have loved to pull out a blanket and just lay there for hours soaking it all in! It made me wish I could grow my own garden! The house was wonderful too, and I really enjoyed seeing a lot of Monet’s paintings. It was interesting to look at all of the artwork and then get to see some of the sites that actually inspired them, like the lily pad pond! After this little excursion, I am really eager to learn more about the impressionists this week! I feel like I know some of the basic information about the artists and the time period, but it’s definitely something I am interested in learning more about! It’s amazing how many things I’ve seen these past few days that have inspired me to look into some further research. This city is just so rich culturally, historically, and artistically! I’m looking forward to tomorrow as well (I think I have said that every single day!) We’re planning on finding some street markets in the morning to do a little bit of shopping and then seeing where we go from there!  

No comments:

Post a Comment